Our school counsellors Jane and Fern play a crucial role in supporting our positive and supportive school environment, contributing to the holistic development of our children.
The support they provide is personalised to the child and may include:
- Emotional Support: Providing a safe and confidential space for children to express and navigate their emotions, promoting mental well-being.
- Social Skills Development: Assisting students in developing effective communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Behavioural Guidance: Supporting teachers and parents in understanding and managing challenging behaviours, fostering a positive learning environment.
- Academic Assistance: Helping children with study skills, organisation, and addressing any academic challenges they may face.
- Crisis Intervention: Being a resource during times of crisis or emergencies, offering immediate support and coordination with other necessary services.
- Individualised Planning: Collaborating with teachers and parents to create individualised plans for children with unique needs, ensuring a tailored approach to support.
- Prevention Programs: Implementing programs to address issues such as bullying or other challenges that may impact students’ well-being.
- Parental Collaboration: Working closely with parents to provide guidance and resources for supporting their child’s emotional and academic development.